Sorry we haven't updated for a few weekends! It's just slipped our minds lately, but we're still open! Just FYI - we close a little earlier now due to the time change (between 5:30 & 6pm) but we're hoping to remain open through the third weekend in December. Now is a good time to start buying things to store in your freezer to last you through our off season!
Here is a listing of all we have to offer at Jumbo Seafood for the weekend 11/13/09 - 11/15/09. ALL of our seafood isFRESH,WILD-CAUGHT, and NOT IMPORTED:
- 16-20 ct. Tails (North Carolina)
- 21-25 ct. Tails (North Carolina)
- 31/35 ct. Tails (North Carolina)
- 16-20 ct. "boat run" Head-On (North Carolina)
- The numbers before the shrimp indicate the average number of shrimp that come in one pound. For instance, in the 16-20 ct. ("count") shrimp, there are 16 - 20 shrimp in a single pound.
- The locations of where the shrimp were caught are listed in parentheses.
- We sell shrimp both WITH and WITHOUT the heads. "Head-On" refers to the shrimp with the heads. "Tails" refers to the shrimp without the heads. Generally speaking, the shrimpwithout heads are more expensive.
- Wild Sockeye Salmon (Alaska)
- Chilean Sea Bass
- Swordfish (North Carolina)
- Yellowfin Tuna (Mass.)
- Large Flounder Fillets (North Carolina)
- All of our fish is fresh, never frozen.
- 10-20 ct. non-processed Sea Scallops (Massachusetts)
- "non-processed" simply means that our scallops (unlike most scallops found in the grocery stores) have never been soaked in any preservatives or chemicals such as sodium sulfites or triglycerides.
- Jumbo Lump Crabmeat (Alabama)
- Lump Crabmeat (Alabama)
- All of our crabmeat is fresh, non-pasteurized, hand-picked, blue crab.
- All of our crabmeat is from Alabama. We do not sell imported crabmeat.
Soft Shell Crabs
- Soft Shell Crabs - "Whales" - the largest in the industry.
- The soft shell crabs have been cleaned (face and lungs removed)
- Select Oysters in the pint jar from Rose Bay Oyster Company, North Carolina
- Seaside Oysters in the Shell (Virginia)
- Bluepoint Oysters (Connecticut)
- Fanny Bay Miyagi Oysters (British Columbia)
- We also have Prince Edward Island Mussels - 2lb. bags!
- Shiitake Mushrooms?!
- Carmen Sweet Peppers
- Daikon Radishes
- A variety of apples
- Other seasonal produce