It's the month of chilly (but enjoyable) days, dewy mornings, nippy nights, colorfully littered lawns, pumpkins, pies tricks, treats and...SEAFOOD!?!? That's right! The Fall season is one of the best times to buy fresh seafood, when everything is both big and beautiful. Also, it might be a good idea to start stocking up for our OFF SEASON, which begins right before Christmas and lasts until April! You'll thank us when it's the middle of February, and you're hankering for some scallops! : )
Here is a listing of all we have to offer at Jumbo Seafood for the weekend 10/02/09 - 10/04/09. ALL of our seafood is FRESH,WILD-CAUGHT, and NOT IMPORTED:
- 10-15 ct. Tails (Florida)
- 16-20 ct. Tails (North Carolina)
- 26/30 ct. Tails (North Carolina)
- 31-35 ct. Tails (North Carolina)
- 16-20 ct. Head-On (North Carolina)
- The numbers before the shrimp indicate the average number of shrimp that come in one pound. For instance, in the 16-20 ct. ("count") shrimp, there are 16 - 20 shrimp in a single pound.
- The locations of where the shrimp were caught are listed in parentheses.
- We sell shrimp both WITH and WITHOUT the heads. "Head-On" refers to the shrimp with the heads. "Tails" refers to the shrimp without the heads. Generally speaking, the shrimpwithout heads are more expensive.
- Wild Sockeye Salmon (Alaska)
- Haddock (Mass.)
- Yellowfin Tuna (North Carolina)
- Swordfish (North Carolina)
- Large and Jumbo Flounder Fillets (North Carolina)
- Red Snapper (Florida)
- All of our fish is fresh, never frozen.
- 10-20 ct. non-processed Sea Scallops (Massachusetts)
- "non-processed" simply means that our scallops (unlike most scallops found in the grocery stores) have never been soaked in any preservatives or chemicals such as sodium sulfites or triglycerides.
- Jumbo Lump Crabmeat (Alabama)
- Lump Crabmeat (Alabama)
- All of our crabmeat is fresh, non-pasteurized, hand-picked, blue crab.
- All of our crabmeat is from Alabama. We do not sell imported crabmeat.
Soft Shell Crabs
- Soft Shell Crabs - "Whales" - the largest in the industry.
- The soft shell crabs have been cleaned (face and lungs removed)
- Select Oysters in the pint jar from Rose Bay Oyster Company, North Carolina
- Oysters in the Shell (North Carolina)
- Middle Neck Clams (North Carolina)
- THIS FRIDAY ONLY - LIVE LOBSTERS, 1.5 lbs and UP!
Please call us at (304) 728-0930 if you're interested in reserving an item or two! We've had many requests for clams AND oysters in the shell, so they'll probably go quickly! And remember - OUR FISH SELLS OUT THE FASTEST, so if you're unable to get to the stand until Saturday or Sunday, please do not hesitate to CALL and RESERVE it! We're happy to hold onto it for you! See you this weekend!