Here is a listing of all we have to offer at Jumbo Seafood for the weekend 8/14/09 - 8/16/09. ALL of our seafood is FRESH, WILD-CAUGHT, and NOT IMPORTED:
- 10/15 ct. Tails (Apalachicola, Florida)
- 16/20 ct. Tails (Apalachicola, Florida)
- 31-35 ct. Tails (Apalachicola, Florida)
- 21/25 ct. Head-On (North Carolina)
- The numbers before the shrimp indicate the average number of shrimp that come in one pound. For instance, in the 21-25 ct. ("count") shrimp, there are 21 - 25 shrimp in a single pound.
- The locations of where the shrimp were caught are listed in parentheses.
- We sell shrimp both WITH and WITHOUT the heads. "Head-On" refers to the shrimp with the heads. "Tails" refers to the shrimp without the heads. Generally speaking, the shrimp without heads are more expensive.
- Wild Sockeye Salmon (Alaska)
- Smoked Salmon Sides (Maine)
- Catfish (North Carolina)
- Grouper (North Carolina - Grouper season is over in Florida, but we were able to get some off of the North Carolina coast. We only have about 30 lbs. and it goes fast! It's delicious!)
- All of our fish is fresh, never frozen.
- 10-20 ct. non-processed Sea Scallops (Massachusetts)
- "non-processed" simply means that our scallops (unlike most scallops found in the grocery stores) have never been soaked in any preservatives or chemicals such as sodium sulfites or triglycerides.
- Lump Crabmeat (Alabama)
- All of our crabmeat is fresh, non-pasteurized, hand-picked, blue crab.
- All of our crabmeat is from Alabama. We do not sell imported crabmeat.
Soft Shell Crabs
- Soft Shell Crabs - "Whales" - the largest in the industry.
- The soft shell crabs have been cleaned (face and lungs removed)
1. This weekend we have a plethora of fresh fruit and veggies from Les' parent's farm - Hidden Creek Apiary in Hillsboro, Va. This includes:
- Red Heart plums
- Amish heirloom tomatoes
- Shiitake mushrooms
- beautiful bunches of sunflowers
And there you have it! See you tomorrow, and remember - if you want fish, come as early as possible or CALL US at (304) 728-0930! Thanks!