Here is a listing of all we have to offer at Jumbo Seafood for the weekend 8/21/09 - 8/23/09. ALL of our seafood is FRESH, WILD-CAUGHT, and NOT IMPORTED:
- 16-20 ct. Tails (Apalachicola, Florida)
- 26-30 ct. Tails (Apalachicola, Florida)
WE DO NOT HAVE ANY HEAD-ON SHRIMP
AVAILABLE THIS WEEKEND
- The numbers before the shrimp indicate the average number of shrimp that come in one pound. For instance, in the 16-20 ct. ("count") shrimp, there are 16 - 20 shrimp in a single pound.
- The locations of where the shrimp were caught are listed in parentheses.
- We sell shrimp both WITH and WITHOUT the heads. "Head-On" refers to the shrimp with the heads. "Tails" refers to the shrimp without the heads. Generally speaking, the shrimp without heads are more expensive.
- Wild Sockeye Salmon (Alaska)
- Yellowfin Tuna (Massachusetts)
- Red Snapper Fillets (South Carolina)
- Halibut (Alaska)
- All of our fish is fresh, never frozen.
- 10-20 ct. non-processed Sea Scallops (Massachusetts)
- "non-processed" simply means that our scallops (unlike most scallops found in the grocery stores) have never been soaked in any preservatives or chemicals such as sodium sulfites or triglycerides.
- Lump Crabmeat (Alabama)
- Jumbo Lump Crabmeat (Alabama)
- All of our crabmeat is fresh, non-pasteurized, hand-picked, blue crab.
- All of our crabmeat is from Alabama. We do not sell imported crabmeat.
Soft Shell Crabs
- Soft Shell Crabs - "Whales" - the largest in the industry.
- The soft shell crabs have been cleaned (face and lungs removed)
This weekend we have a variety of fresh fruit and veggies, including:
- Red Heart plums
- Amish heirloom tomatoes
- Shiitake mushrooms
- beautiful bunches of sunflowers
All of our produce is local, coming from HIDDEN CREEK APIARY in Hillsboro, VA. This farm is owned and operated by Les' parents. Please visit them! They currently have more tomatoes than they can handle!
They're open Wednesday through Monday & their address is 37359 Charlestown Pike, Pucellville VA, just past Hillsboro Elementary School on the right hand side of the road! (You'll see their cute little wooden sign that says "Hidden Creek Apiary")
They also carry fresh honey & flowers, seasonal produce (in the Fall, for instance, they have gourds, neck pumpkins, and a wide variety of apples) and beeswax candles (tapers and decorative moulds)
And there you have it! See you tomorrow, and remember - if you want fish, come as early as possible or CALL US at (304) 728-0930! Thanks!